Thursday, April 8, 2010

Unchanging Grace and Everlasting Arms

"When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace. . ."
and find comfort in knowing that no matter how low I seem to be,
His strong, everlasting arms go lower . . . holding me up!

"The eternal God is thy refuge,
and underneath are the everlasting arms."
~Deut. 33:27~

Lord, letting go and simply resting in Your arms is not always easy to do.
It should be. It's the best, safest place to be.
Thank You for Your faithfulness to draw us to You.
Thank You for Your unchanging, amazing grace
and arms that are always reaching out to us.
Amen.
So many people are experiencing dark times today and need our prayers.
Let's not forget them.

7 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Amen! I actually did a post called The Everlasting Arms!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Neat post, Glenda. Sometimes (most of the time) we want to take care of everything ourselves (since we are so stubborn)--instead of turning things over to God and resting in his arms.... WHY can't we do that more?

Hugs,
Betsy

Southern Lady said...

I agree! We all need to learn to rest in His arms. We also need to remember those who are hurting and lift them up to Him. Thank you for your reminder of that. Carla

Dawn said...

How did I get so far behind? This was so true! Love the pictures of your spring beauty - we're still waiting for profusion!

Kathy said...

I haved not yet mastered the art of nighttime photography, as you obviously have. This is just so delightful. I want to know how you do it!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It is important to pray. Every day I try to remember all those I know of that need prayer and always pray for our military who are in such great need.

S. Etole said...

I seem to have fallen behind, too ... but I am enjoying the continuity of catching up