Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thursday's Blessings

On this very warm Thursday morning, I am thankful for so many blessings! The "little blessings"- if there are such things - are so easily overlooked but enrich my days in unexpected ways.

Among countless things, today I am thankful for:
flowers that add so much beauty to my world
the cool breeze that blew as I watered flowers this morning
beautiful birds, such as the doves, that feed in the yard
the beauty of the flag rippling in the breeze
a quick visit from a cousin who came by to pick up extra tomatoes
a day that I don't have to be anywhere at a certain time
a lively discussion about heaven and how to get there that I had with a teenager last night
emails from former students asking for prayer
the way God answers those prayers
the message I heard at campmeeting on Sunday about the love of God . . .

The love of God . . . and the peace He gives (the doves remind me of His peace and the Holy Spirit) . . . truly the greatest of all my blessings and make all the "little blessings" possible!


"Oh, how He loves you and me . . . "