Saturday, March 26, 2011

Plunge right in . . .



He [Abraham] plunged into the promise and came up strong,
ready for God, sure that God would make good on what He had said.
That's why it is said, "Abraham was declared fit before God by trusting God to set him right." But it's not just Abraham; it's also us!
The same thing gets said about us when we embrace and believe the One who brought Jesus to life when the conditions were equally hopeless.
The sacrificed Jesus made us fit for God, set us right with God.
~Romans 4:19 The Message~

What promise have you "plunged into and came up strong"?

12 comments:

Karin said...

Thank you for your very inspirational posts - just catching on the last few! God is good and has promised to never leave us or forsake us and I cling to that promise!

Mari said...

Oh! I really like this!
God knows what is best for us - that's a great reassurance!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Being a deacon. And I LOVE the pictures!

Kathy said...

Hmmm. Butterfly and pink azalea? Looks like something I might do. Love how your butterfly is nose deep in the nectar.

Nancy said...

I love the thoughts and the beautiful illustrations!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos and verse.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, and think of the sweet necter that the butterfly gets as a result of the plunge...hmmm... I have no problem plunging as long as I'm wearing my 'God life-vest'.
andie

S. Etole said...

That's a good thought to keep in mind ... His promises are sure.

Michelle said...

Beautiful!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

All God's promises have to believed. He said believe in Me and you shall be saved. What more could could He promise? That we shall have eternal life with Him. Wonderful promises of love to us.

Beth said...

A wonderful reminder of God's promises. Those are incredible photos. I love when the butterfly dips his 'face' in the flower---a marvelous example of God's handiwork.

Anneliese said...

I want to trust God that the move my kids have made will be one of the best decisions they have made ... we have prayed for them.. and now I need to trust that God has truly led them... even though there are unknowns about job etc. at this time.
Your photos are always so beautiful!