Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hind Feet



Psalm 18:33 (NIV): He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he enables me to
stand on the heights.

Surefooted and confident, the hind (KJV) or female red deer scales the rugged mountains. Without error, she jumps from rock to rock
until she reaches her destination.

I don't know about you, but I need that analogy as I stand at the bottom of a looming mountain from time to time. I need to know that He will keep my feet from slipping and that reaching the top is possible in spite of all obstacles and uncertainties.

I like the word picture created by the last line . . . standing on the heights.
But I can never get there on my own. I need His enabling grace.
Grace . . . His amazing grace . . . is my security!


His love has no limit; His grace has no measure.

His power has no boundary known unto to men.
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus,
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.
~Annie Johnson Flint - He Giveth More Grace~

10 comments:

Mari said...

Too often I read verses without taking them apart and really understanding what is being said. Thanks for doing that with this verse and for adding the pictures. It's a wonderful verse and promise!

Dorothy said...

Beautiful post, Glenda! We should always remember this.

Sharon Lynne said...

Thanks Glenda. What a nice reminder.

I'm researching places my son could live in the future and it is a very tall mountain to climb.

I'm glad that God will help my feet not to slip, and He'll show me the way (although it's going to have a lot of switch backs. The way is zig-zaggy.)

Anonymous said...

I need that reminder from time to time as well Glenda. Thanks for that. Sometimes the mountains seem to steep to climb, but we never have to climb alone, do we?
Andie

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

We do have these looming Mountains. I love your analogy...
kim

Betsy Banks Adams said...

HI Glenda, There are lots of times when I say that verse --when we are waterfalling on non-level ground....

Beautiful picture of the deer.
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

A very beautiful post Glenda. One of my oldest friends (who was here helping yesterday) has a 15 year old nephew who is struggling after brain surgery in NY. This post is timely as I just received the daily update from the family. God bless you,

Mrs. M said...

I always get a full meal from your posts. Feeds my soul. Thank you.

Karen said...

My sister, Mildred, sent me to your blog and I'm so glad. Your post today is inspiring.

Connie said...

Such words of wisdom and eternal promise. Thanks for taking the time to put your thoughts on the web. The song too is beautiful. Just a few weeks ago a dear couple from our church sang this together for us. Beautiful words.....