Sunday, February 19, 2012

Just As I Am . . . and Running



Just as I am 
I ran to Him 
And mercy took me in 
Just as I am 
And He forgave my sin 
All the way He’s changing my heart proves 
That He loves me too much 
To leave me
Just as I am

These beautiful words touched my heart as I listened to them on Enlighten XM radio yesterday.  And I wonder why we are so afraid to run to Him, the One who has all the answers, loves us unconditionally and desires to change us into His likeness.  For sure there are many reasons, but the bottom line is that satan wants us to believe that we can't . . . shouldn't . . . because He is too holy and we can't approach Him . . . because He tires of our coming again and again to Him . . . because we really don't matter to Him . . . because we are not good enough . . .because . . . because . . . because . . .

But satan is a liar . . . a deceiver . . . a defeated liar . . . a doomed deceiver.

So, let's run to Jesus . . . run . . . run . . . He's running to us with outstretched arms!

Just as I am . . . O Lamb of God, I come . . . I come!



(Note:  Lyrics below pic - composed by Jim Brady, Barry Weeks, and Tony Wood . . . recorded by Lauren Talley)

10 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Wonderful post Glenda. Thank you for sharing. Blessings.

Jesus Calling

Kathy said...

With all he rain we've had, there's lots of puddles to run through! Although still a little chilly for running barefoot!

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely post and sweet photo. Blessings to you, Glenda.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful photo and post, Glenda... We all do need to RUN toward Jesus--all of the time...God Bless us ALL.
Hugs,
Betsy

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the words to this song. In the prodigal son, his father RAN to meet him, too!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

This is a beautiful song...and why would we not run to him. We know we should but??

Karin said...

Such a special post for me today! My Father's arms are open wide and I'm running right into them to be scooped up in His embrace! Thanks so much Glenda!

Pamela said...

God is always waiting when I run to Him. Makes me wonder why I wait so long. The devil keeps my heart immobile with his lies. I certainly need to ignore him!

S. Etole said...

So slow to remember that sometimes.

Anneliese said...

Sooo good! So good to know He loves me as I am, but He also loves me too much to leave me as I am.