Thursday, November 18, 2010

Forever Grateful


At the top of my list of blessings is my salvation and the Cross.

We sang a new song last night at church . . . a beautiful one that focused
on our Thanksgiving/blessings theme.
Thought I'd share the words with you.

You did not wait for me to draw near to You,
But You clothed Yourself with frail humanity;
You did not wait for me to cry out to You,
But You let me hear Your voice calling me.

And I'm forever grateful to You;
I'm forever grateful for the cross.
I'm forever grateful to You,
That You came to seek and save the lost.
~Lyrics to I'm Forever Grateful by Mark Altrogge~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Glenda for sharing these beautiful lyrics.

Mari said...

We sing that song too. It's a good one!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I've never heard this song, but I love the words. And I love your beautiful header!

Dorothy said...

I'm not familiar with that song but the lyrics are pretty. I guess we need to learn a new song now and then! Thank you, Jesus, for the cross!

S. Etole said...

I'm not acquainted with the song but I do know the Savior.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful lyrics. So often we think it is us that initiate the relationship. It is him, always reaching, always waiting, always loving. Thank you.
Andie

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Fabulous, Glenda. Thanks!!! The words are beautiful.
Hugs,
Betsy

Sharon Lynne said...

Truly...the best...the VERY best Thanksgiving gift is God's love for us...and his saving us. Thank you for the reminder!