Saturday, August 25, 2012

Climbing


Life's journey is filled with. . . 
Mountains, hills, and valleys, 
On-the-edge roads, winding curves. 

A traveler experiences . . . 
Moments of exhilaration, 
Awe, fear, surprise. 

The trip affords . . . 
Views of where we've been, 
Glimpses of where we are going. 

A Guide is available . . . 
Who IS the Way, 
Who never leaves our sides. 

We can be assured that . . . 
We will reach our destination, 
The Mountaintop will be worth it all! 


(Note:  I took this pic as we drove Bear Tooth Highway, which led us out of Yellowstone and into beautiful South Dakota.)

10 comments:

S. Etole said...

So good to know the Lord is with us as we maneuver through all those hills, turns, and valleys.

Dorothy said...

First, your header is wonderful! Love those Tetons! The picture on Bear Tooth highway is spectacular!! We came into Yellowstone that way on our second trip there and we were blown away by the beauty of the scenery!!! Last but not least, it is comforting to know our Guide knows the Way and will keep us in the straight and narrow IF we follow His word.

Wise Hearted said...

God sure knows how to create beauty doesn't He? We have a trip planned up in northern California to visit some missionaries, I am looking forward to scenry just like this. Like your poem, fit the picture well. Blessings

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Beautiful picture and so nice to know that even when we cannot clearly see the road ahead, HE can and we can trust His leading.

Beth said...

Incredible view. Your words fit it well. Where I get into trouble is when I lose sight of Him leading me, because I'm looking in a different direction or allowing myself to be distracted. HE never loses sight of me though for which I'm eternally grateful.

Kathy said...

That's gorgeous, Glenda. Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

I loved the verse, the picture and the music. Thank you!

Karin said...

Loved this!! Thank you!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Lovely photo and yes, life is full valleys and climbs to get to the top. Love the poem.

Connie said...

Thank you for the reminder of who is leading the WAY. Beautiful picture.