Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Just One!

Just one! Just one brilliantly colored leaf! But against the cold, black asphalt, its simple beauty shines . . . giving testimony to the splendor of autumn.

Just one! Just one Christ-like individual radiating the beauty of Jesus in our sin-darkened world . . . giving testimony to The Light of the World.

Just one! Just one "only begotten Son" who made the ultimate sacrifice for our sins - once and for all . . . giving testimony to the immeasurable, everlasting love of God.

Just one! But, oh, the power of one!

"It is enough that Jesus died and that He died for me . . . "

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Love this picture and the thoughts!! Reminds me of the old quote..."only one life, will soon be past; only what's done for Christ will last."

Chrystal said...

It's amazing to see and hear of Him through just one beautiful fall leaf on the ground. Wow...! I don't remember seeing Fall for what it really is until just a few years ago. When I think of this, I think of how many Fall seasons have I missed His message to me because I wasn't paying attention.