Monday, September 28, 2009

Serenity

The Cross . . . a good place to rest!

A good place to rest . . . when we lay our sins at the foot of the cross . . . and leave them there . . . and His blood covers them all.

A good place to rest . . . as we lay down our heavy burdens of worry, care, confusion, discouragement . . . and leave them there.

A good place to rest . . . because The One who hung there . . . paid the ultimate price that we might live the abundant life.

And it's a good place to rest . . . because The One who died there on Friday knew that Sunday was a'comin' . . . giving us eternal life!

It was enough then . . . it is enough now!


"My faith has found a resting place - not in device or creed;
I trust the ever-living One - His wounds for me shall plead.
I need no other argument; I need no other plea;
It is enough that Jesus died, and that He died for me."


1 comment:

Nancy said...

Glenda, this is beautiful! Both the picture and the comments!! Thanks for reminding me where to find TRUE rest! :)