Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lord, don't let me get rusty . . .


Negligence is the rust of the soul, that corrodes through all her best resolves.
~Owen Feltham~

It's crucial that we keep a firm grip on what we've heard so that we don't drift off.
If the old message delivered by the angels was valid and nobody got away with anything,
do you think we can risk neglecting this latest message, this magnificent salvation?
First of all, it was delivered in person by the Master, then accurately passed on to us
by those who heard it from Him. All the while God was validating it with gifts
through the Holy Spirit, all sorts of signs and miracles, as He saw fit.

Hebrews 2:1-3 The Message

7 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Well-----When it comes to my love of God, I'll NEVER be rusty... However, when the old body starts to wear out, I'll admit that I do feel a little rusty...... This knee problem really put a kink in my get-along!!!! Darn it!!!!

Cute post.
Hugs,
Betsy

Ginny Hartzler said...

A wonderful message and picture to go with it. I would never have taken this picture. Ugly, rusty things. And what I would have missed!! A beautiful illustration, and rust that turns into a picture with lovely blues and copper colors. It belongs on the front of a card.

Rebecca said...

Me either, Lord!

S. Etole said...

Love rusty things to photograph ... everything has its place though ... not in our soul.

Beth said...

I've been really feeling the need to keep super oiled in the Word.
Great reminder and the visualization the picture gives is 'spot on'!
This English teacher is loving the metaphor of the rusty wheel and the rustiness of our spirit when we get out of the Word.

Kathy said...

I actually like to photograph rusty things. I saw a lot of rust in the past three weeks on my trip down near your neck of the woods!

Dawn said...

Good one, as usual!