Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow Day in the South

"Snow Day" in the South . . . what fun!! About five inches of snow fell yesterday, and the views were spectacular. Getting out of bed, looking out the window, and seeing the blanket of snow were as exciting as those long ago Christmas mornings when we awoke to gifts under the tree! This snow was indeed a beautiful gift from the Creator . . . and one that we'll talk about and remember for a long time.


I've so enjoyed seeing pics of snow-covered bird houses and feeders posted by my northern blogger friends. Now I get to share some of my own!









I believe God enjoyed creating our amazing world; that's the idea I get from this Scripture in Genesis: "God saw all that He had made, and it was very good." (I want to put a few exclamation points at the end.) I think that He delights in looking down and watching us enjoy His handiwork today.

Our "snow day" is turning into "slush day," but yesterday was good . . . very good!!!!

"For the beauty of the earth, for the glory of the skies . . .
Lord of all, to Thee we raise this our hymn of grateful praise."
~Folliott S. Pierpoint~

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Glenda, you did a GREAT job of capturing our beautiful snow world!! Wasn't it a wonderful day?!!

S. Etole said...

Truly His beauty covers the earth ...

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It is beautiful and I'm glad you got the chance to have some of it. Here in the northern part of Ohio we are still snow covered and frozen. Hope your Monday is a great one!

Mari said...

These pictures are just gorgeous! I love how a little splash of color pops in the snow!
I think God loves seeing His kids enjoying His handiwork!

Unknown said...

What beautiful pictures! Snow makes a great subject doesn't it?